Follow this Link to get TAAC - North latest news.Mission
ISAF TAAC - North in coordination with the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan support coordination and collaboration activities to train and advise elements of the Afghan National Security Forces in the region, with the goal to promote a prosperous economy, social and cultural development in key terrain districts, neutralize the insurgency through a increasingly capabilities ANSF.
Area of Responsibility
TAAC - North includes nine provinces: Badakhshan, Baghlan, Balkh, Faryab, Jowzjan, Kunduz, Samangan, Sar-e Pul and Takhar and shares borders with Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Pakistan and China. TAAC - North spans an area of 62,607 sq. miles, slightly smaller than the state of Washington with a population of an estimated 6.7 million people.
NATO Nations: Albania, Belgium, Croatia, Germany, Hungary, Latvia, Netherlands, Norway, U.S., Turkey.
Non- NATO Nations: Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Finland, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Mongolia, Montenegro and Sweden.
Major Units Assigned
• Partnering and Advising Task Group Mazar-e Sharif
• Germany’s Quick Reaction Force
• Germany Expeditionary Air Wing Mazar-e Sharif
• Swedish Air Wing
• Nordic Baltic Transition Support Unit
• 1st Battalion, 41st Infantry Regiment, Fort Bliss, Texas
• 548th Combat Sustainment Support Battalion, Fort Drum, New York
• Task Force Attack - 1-227th Attack/Recon Battalion, Fort Hood, Texas
Facebook | DVIDS
TAAC-North HQ Public Affairs Office
FOR MEDIA QUERIES ONLY
Nordic Baltic Transition Support Unit
*Information accurate as of 8 August 2013